Thursday, July 14, 2011

My thoughts before the movie

In 8 hours and 35 minutes I will be sitting in a dark theatre ready to watch my childhood end. Well, maybe not my entire childhood, but a huge part of it. This book series is older than I am and I can't remember a time in my life before I had read it and loved it. I've read each of the books dozens of times and seen all of the movies. In 8 hours and 35 minutes, and era will end.
Like Jo Rowling said in her speech at the final premiere of all the Harry Potter movies, the books we love never really leave us. And I know that Harry Potter will never be over, really. But it's still sad to think that there will never be another book to look forward to, or another movie to dress up for. So in a sense, Harry Potter really is ending.
To many people, Harry Potter is just another series of novels for children, but there's so much more to them than that. They tell the amazing story of how friendship and love can conquer all. Not many other books do that.
So, in 8 hours and 26 minutes now, I will be preparing for life as I know it to change. I'll be preparing to watch Fred and Lupin and Tonks all die for The Boy Who Lived. I will be preparing to cry my eyes out in a movie theatre without caring what people think of me. I'll be preparing for this era to end.
The movies and books may be ending tonight, but I know that Hogwarts will always be there to welcome me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment