Sunday, July 3, 2011

Why my neighbors and I are no longer friends

Fireworks just became legal here in Utah. Not like those little wimpy ones that screech or make light or whatever. I'm talking the shoot-up-into-the-sky-explosion type fireworks. And normally that would be awesome, but not with the neighbors I have. They have felt like it is their duty to shoot fireworks off every single night for almost a week preceding the fourth and I have no doubt that they will continue after that. Why? Because my neighbors are crazy people who also do things like have loud parties at their house late at night. They like to make it extremely difficult for anyone in their general vicinity to sleep at night. I've never really had any issues with my neighbors. In fact, I don't even know them. In my mind they have always just been people who live near me and are occasionally obnoxious. And I was fine with that. But after five nights of nonstop fireworks, I don't think that relationship can continue. So, I'm sorry people who live down the street from me. We can no longer be friends. Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you would stop shooting off fireworks. You must have spent a LOT of money to have enough fireworks to be able to shoot them off for like two hours every day. And what did you get with all that money you must have spent? Angry neighbors, that's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment