Saturday, July 16, 2011

After the movie...

A mere day ago I was sitting in a theatre, watching my childhood end. I cried through the entire second half, not touching my popcorn or water. I can't believe that it's over.
Words cannot even explain how I feel right now. I'm sad and happy and so pleased with how the movie turned out. I didn't know I could feel this many things at once. I didn't know that I was capable of loving a book series as much as I love Harry Potter.
I've loved Harry Potter for as long as I can remember, and it's a shame I've only gotten involved in the fandom throughout the past year. I can remember listening to my first wrock song (And Then I Died by the Moaning Myrtles) and loving it. I can remember writing fan fiction centered mainly around Harry Potter. I can remember watching countless vlogs about the Harry Potter series. I remember the excitement I felt as I got the final book, and the terrible emptiness I felt when I finished it. I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel about the series ending. I don't even know how I feel.
There's so much I can say about this, and so much I can't even put into words. 14 years ago the Harry Potter phenomenon  began, and yesterday it ended.

But now that I think about it, it's not over. Not even close. We still have Pottermore, there are still going to be Potter cons. And if wizard rock can continue why can't the fans continue to love it? Why does it have to be over?
I wish I had been to LeakyCon. From what I've heard, it was the best Harry Potter experience. I hope to go to a Harry Potter conference at some point in my life. I hope that even though the movies are over, I can become a bigger part of the fandom. I know that Harry Potter will never end. I know that I will always love Harry Potter, and to me, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment