Thursday, June 28, 2012

This is actually kind of relevant (but also kind of not)

So, life is a thing that's been happening. I said in my last post that a lot happened in the month of May. I don't remember what happened in the month of May. Except I finished school, so I never have to go back to the junior high again. I spent the last real day of school hiding out down in the Journalism room finishing up last minute yearbook stuff and hanging out. It was really nice and I spent a fair amount of time with a tape mustache. We had our end of year amusement park thing for just the ninth graders also and I met some of my friend's friends and they were lovely and fun and didn't think I was too weird and I realised how awkward I always look in pictures and how much I actually liked some things about that stupid school and we signed yearbooks and it was kind of the perfect end to some not so great junior high school years. 

Right after school ended I started practises for this summer youth symphony I had tried out for so for that I had to wake up at five-thirty every morning for two weeks. The end result of this was supposed to be for me to be in California right now on tour with them but then I got sick and anxious and overwhelmed and chose to stay at home instead which I was happy about. It was a really interesting experience, though, having to rehearse at six and playing some really tough music and even though I didn't go on tour I'm actually happy that I did it for those two weeks. For whatever that's worth.

Last week I was at summer camp. It was for a week in the mountains just outside of Albuquerque and I stayed in a cabin full of people I didn't know and my old friend and it was good. I actually made some friends and I came back with a sunburn but it was really nice and I made a bunch of tumblr posts about it too so there's that. I also wrote a letter to myself that I'll get at some point that I'll cringe when I read but that kind of captures just how I felt about this week. I won't share that, though. That one's just for me.
One of the things that I said at the beginning of the week was that I liked who I am more when I'm at this camp. I like being thoughtful and quiet and I like thinking more before I speak. Really though it was one of the best weeks I've had and I really needed it.

And now everyone on tumblr is at VidCon and I'm not and it's really sad. But enough about this.

I actually really love summer. I love the smell of chlorine and sunscreen and bugspray. I like that my shoes get caked in dirt from walking around at camp. I like wearing sunglasses and shorts and tank tops and flip flops. I like being able to sleep until noon whenever I want and also take walks outside. There's something magical and lovely and, yes, romantic about this stupid season and as much as I actually like school and going to tournament in January and Christmas and all that stuff, I like summer more. I'm more myself during this time of the year, and I like that. I become a better version of myself in the summertime, I think. And it's really nice.

I should do this more often, shouldn't I? I actually really like it. Also I started this almost exactly one year ago. Look how far I've come.

Until next time
xx D

No comments:

Post a Comment