Friday, August 3, 2012

BEDA 3: Esther Day

Today is something known in the nerdfigher community as Esther Day. It's the day where everyone tells the people they love that they love them. This day is the reason that I really like this community. I have a lot of reservations about nerdfighteria, I guess, but today this whole community comes together and they celebrate Esther's life by doing the thing that she wanted everyone to do. There's something really lovely about everyone sincerely telling people that they love that they love them. It's really a shame that it's not a thing we do more often but I'm thankful that there is today where we are all encouraged to do it. It's a really beautiful thing and I'm proud to be a part of this community today and most days.

It's really surprisingly hard to tell people that you love them. I've never been good at expressing my feelings and emotions to people and even though I'm not sure people know that I love them, I've always had a really hard time conveying that correctly. In my world, saying something like, "You're such a jerk" would actually translate to "You did something I didn't like but I actually really like you anyway." Surprisingly (not), people don't tend to catch onto this. So yeah, I'm bad at expressing my emotions. But today is a day where I have a reason to push through that poorness of expressing emotions, to tell people I love them even if I think it'll sound weird, or if I don't know them as well as I would like to. I didn't do this as much as I would like today, so now, at eleven forty-five at night I'm going through my facebook friends list and on skype and on tumblr and I'm telling people I love that I love them. I don't know how many people I told. I know that I probably didn't tell all of the people that I would have liked to. But I did.

Today was the day that I remembered what I love about the nerdfighter community and why I love being a part of it. I love a whole lot of people and I like that today I had a reason to tell them.

Until tomorrow
xx D

No comments:

Post a Comment