Sunday, April 1, 2012

BEDA 1: On Nostalgia

Hey there guys, I'm bringing back BEDA. And with BEDA comes Why Today is Awesome. So today is awesome because I'm going to be able to curl up and watch One Tree Hill on my iPod and stay up as late as I want because I'M ON SPRING BREAK. But that's not what this post is about.

I'm a very nostalgic and sentimental person. I'm that one girl who has ticket stubs and things that my friends have given me just because they're nice and remind me of things and make me happy. Right now, I'm nostalgic for two particular things: junior high and summer.

I've mentioned before that although I'm in the ninth grade, I'm still in junior high school, and this month is my second to last. Junior high hasn't been the best time for me, this year especially, but there are definitely things I'm going to miss. Sitting on the floor of the arts building with my friends finishing homework before school, for one. And talking during Spanish class instead of learning anything, and games of Egyptian Rat Screw in Journalism. I know that it's a little early for these graduation goggles to set in, but I have to realize that after my last choir concert, I'm never going to perform on the stage in the stupid auditorium ever again. And I have to know that I'm never going to have to get ready in the girls dressing room again. I've had my problems, but I just know that I'm going to miss it.

I don't know that I've mentioned it before, but summer is my favorite time of the year. It's gotten to that point where I leave the window open in my bedroom and it smells like summer. Like, my dad registered me to go to camp this summer and I'm just so ready for it to come. This spring has been unseasonably warm, and I've definitely started aching for the summertime. I miss staying up until all hours of the night talking to my friends via Facebook and watching YouTube videos and writing all the freaking time, even though it happened to be nonsense.

Maybe it's weird to be nostalgic for a thing that you're leaving and a thing that's coming up all at the same time, but I'm a weird girl. I don't know, it's something that I can't really explain.

I guess I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.
Until then
xxD

No comments:

Post a Comment